[PD] Future of Motorsounds in Electric Cars and Games

ede cameron ecameron at videotron.ca
Sun Jul 11 17:01:46 CEST 2010

  Actually after some thought and with what you said if all cars made less sound but a similar type of sound then
the adjustment would come for both hearing and sightless people. The problem now is for sure that if there is a mix of
different types of cars (electric and gas) and that we are use to a certain volume within our environment, buses and gas driven cars. If this volume was lowered for only electric cars then we won't hear them if however the urban volume is lowered through out then there would be no hazard, lowering the volume of an urban environment obviously is not top of the list of most urban developers. But standardizing a sound for all cars.. maybe just sample a gas driven car and mimimic its acceleration and pitch at different speeds. Seems a shame to have opportunity to lower volumes in urban settings and not work out some solution that involves decreasing sound levels instead of increasing them. Could also see the situation as a transition period and that in fifty years the need for added sound will be gone as people adjust to the newer levels of hybrid and electric cars. Only time until the oil runs out. Though bio diesel buses are pretty loud, veggie oil is clean but noisy but Of topic if algae is used which can be grown from sewage it is a better choice, environmentally than big batteries.
    Of topic. Flying cars would create a hellish world. They I'm sure can be made but the complexities of 3 dimensional traffic
rules is more than likely the reason they aren't been developed. I'm sure we envision flying cars as the chance of flying from A to B in a straight line. The mess that would be created with everyone flying from A to B in a straight line would be chaos to say the least.

ede