[PD] benevolent dictator? (was: 2d multiple preset interpolation?)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 13 12:26:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:48:18AM +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> Personally, I'd prefer to not auto-load anything at all, which would
> also encourage a nice patching style with explicitly loading the
> required libraries.  I'd be interested to hear what others think about
> the matter.

I would love a proper way for Pd vanilla/core to load libraries into
abstractions. I know of [import] but most of my abstraction libraries
target vanilla installs, too, so I cannot use it. And [declare]
currently is designed for top-level _main.pd-style patches only, so
there's no way to really preload list-abs in RTC-lib-abstractions for
example.

If this issue is solved, the problem of autoloading becomes almost moot.
Well, there still are some issues like the sad omission of "sssad" in
Pd-extended which is not shipped at all but such things are
comparatively trivial to fix.

Ciao
--
Frank