[PD] benevolent dictator? (was: 2d multiple preset interpolation?)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 13 17:07:08 CEST 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I would love a proper way for Pd vanilla/core to load libraries into
> abstractions. I know of [import] but most of my abstraction libraries
> target vanilla installs, too, so I cannot use it. And [declare]
> currently is designed for top-level _main.pd-style patches only, so
> there's no way to really preload list-abs in RTC-lib-abstractions for
> example.

It's not even working for top-level patches, because what you load for one
top-level patch is also loaded for all subsequent patches until you
restart pd. Do you restart pd often enough, that you don't notice ?
Canvas-local loading is not only an abstractions thing. See also :

   http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-04/078178.html
   http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-04/078183.html