[PD] benevolent dictator? (was: 2d multiple preset interpolation?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jul 13 19:00:03 CEST 2010

On Jul 13, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> I would love a proper way for Pd vanilla/core to load libraries
>> into abstractions. I know of [import] but most of my abstraction
>> libraries target vanilla installs, too, so I cannot use it. And
>> [declare] currently is designed for top-level _main.pd-style
>> patches only, so there's no way to really preload list-abs in RTC-
>> lib-abstractions for example.

For the record, I'd gladly give the copyright for the [import] code to
Miller if he wants to include it.  As for libraries, I think one thing
that would be very helpful would be if the namespace prefixes worked
everywhere we want them too.  The hard one is when you include libdirs
in your project, like this:

myproject/
myproject/list-abs/
myproject/rtc-lib/

Then you want the abstractions in myproject/rtc-lib to be able to find
list-abs/list-len in the folder myproject/list-abs.  That currently
doesn't work.