[PD] GEM pix_film crashing on OSX 10.5

Julio Terra julioterra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 01:37:08 CEST 2010

Here are some updates regarding my attempts to solve the issue with my
pix_film patch.

Last week, I was able to get the patch running when I made the following key
change:
(1) I reconverted the movie files so that they were smaller in size (the
original quicktime file were approximately 300MB each, now they are 15 to
20MB each)
(2) I stopped using the pdp_yqt to play the sound (I actually focused on
getting the patch to run without sound)

This made it so that they patch was working without sound
playback. Unfortunately, when I attempted to add sound back in using a
readsf~ object then the patch started to crash again. This means that the
current issue is no longer related to the the pix_film object.

My plan is to re-install Puredata on to the computer in question to make
sure that the issue is not related to my specific install of Pd.

Thanks, Julio

p.s. - to Chris, thanks for pointing out that this issue seems to be coming
from a quicktime function - this makes sense considering that when I
reconverted the videos they seemed to wor.