[PD] benevolent dictator?

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 14 09:30:37 CEST 2010

morning all,

My technique (read: "hack") for auto-loading libraries in vanilla has
been just to instantiate an object [foo] in order to load the library
foo.pd_linux.  This causes error messages for some libraries (notably
xsample, which I use a lot), but works well with the vanilla loader.  I
guess we can't dictate that every library xyz.pd_linux register a class
'xyz', but that's the simplest way I've found of loading libs.  Of
course, you can't declare inter-library dependencies this way (that I
know of), but it's a start...

marmosets,
  Bryan

On 2010-07-13 12:26:42, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> appears to
have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology