[PD] Gem: pix_motionblur interferes with pix_buffer

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Fri Jul 16 01:48:28 CEST 2010

Am 14.07.2010 um 19:25 schrieb IOhannes m zmoelnig:
> On 2010-07-14 19:21, Max wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> in a Gem patch i use pix_motionblur and pix_buffer and after some time with the pix_motionblur added i can't get rid of it any more. Setting the blur to 0 to the right inlet or switching the motionblur off by sending a 0 to the left inlet doesn't take the blur away any more. only re-loading the videos to the buffer makes the image unblurred again.
>> It seems like pix_motionblur alters the images which are stored in the buffer.
>> Sorry i can't provide a simple patch demonstrating the problem right now, but maybe even this rudimentary description is enough to give me a clue what the reason for this behavior could be.
>>
> yes, Gem does most of it's operations "in-place", thus modifying the
> incoming image rather than generating a copy. this is all for cache reasons.
> if it's important for you to preserve the original image, use
> [pix_separator] to force making a copy before mixing the pixes.

when i place pix_separator in between pix_buffer_read and pix_motionblur it eats a lot of cpu, but there is no more motionblur. if i place it anywhere else in the gem chain there is motionblur, but then it doesn't go away any more when set to 0. i'll try to come up with a patch to demonstrate the problem.
m.