[PD] problem with Windows XP / MOTU 828MKII / PD

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:58:43 CEST 2010

Hi,

I also had problems with Motu Ultralite in Pd (while working perfectly
on other software) in Windows XP.

With ASIO I couldn't get more than 2in/2out channels working

I had to enable an option in Motu's control panel to enable some
"legacy" mode or feature, and this way I could use more than 2 channels
on both in and out in Pd (never tested more than 4+4); however I was
restricted to use the devices in whatever order Pd saw them, and
sometimes the channels belonging to Motu were interleaved with those
belonging to the realtek soundcard!

I also got the "resyncing audio" message often

However this was a few versions of Pd ago. I don't know if it's better now.

I think one feature that would make everyone's life easier would be to
overcome the annoying limitation that does not let you select multiple
devices that are not adjacent in MMIO mode.