[PD] GEM - The Relationship Between [translate] and [rectangle]?

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu Jul 22 00:58:01 CEST 2010

Hi Julian,
sorry if you already did it, but you might be interested in surfing through
the Help browser (ctrl+b) > manuals > 2.Image/
That includes all you need to know to solve these kind of problems.

However [translate] moves the [rectangle] on X, Y and Z axis.
Your movie is texturized onto the [rectangle].
Therefore the dimension of the rectangle represent the ratio of your movie.

Divide the width (in pixel) of your movie by its height to get the exact
ratio, then set properly [rectangle] dimension.

Say you have a movie 800x600px.

800 / 600 = 1.333

(we assume 3 is your maximum height for [rectangle])

3 * 1.333 = 4

your ratio = 4/3
therefore what you need is [rectangle 4 3]

this is just a rough solution, but it might help you understanding the
issue.

best,