[PD] problem with Windows XP / MOTU 828MKII / PD

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Thu Jul 22 13:30:27 CEST 2010

I just installed a Motu Ultralite today. Download the latest drivers (called
Windows universal Motu Firewire/USB Audio) from MOTU website...

Seems to work perfectly with PD (all channels with either ASIO or Windows
native sound driver).

pd = extended 0.41-4

Best of luck,
Pedro
p.s.: same drivers work with ultralite and ultralite hybrid (I have them
both here), either on XP and 7 (tested here).

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> I think there is no dispute that Pd's Windows audio support could be much
> better.  Really the only question is someone doing the work to fix it.
>
> .hc
>

> On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:58 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I also had problems with Motu Ultralite in Pd (while working perfectly on
>> other software) in Windows XP.
>>
>> With ASIO I couldn't get more than 2in/2out channels working
>>
>> I had to enable an option in Motu's control panel to enable some "legacy"
>> mode or feature, and this way I could use more than 2 channels on both in
>> and out in Pd (never tested more than 4+4); however I was restricted to use
>> the devices in whatever order Pd saw them, and sometimes the channels
>> belonging to Motu were interleaved with those belonging to the realtek
>> soundcard!
>>
>> I also got the "resyncing audio" message often
>>
>> However this was a few versions of Pd ago. I don't know if it's better
>> now.
>>
>> I think one feature that would make everyone's life easier would be to
>> overcome the annoying limitation that does not let you select multiple
>> devices that are not adjacent in MMIO mode.
>>

>> On 07/19/2010 10:00 PM, Pedro Lopes wrote:
>>
>>> Just a small info:
>>>
>>> - I use Ultralite Mk2 for two years, im many applications where I use
>>> motu+asio it usually advances all chanels to correct_number + 2 (live
>>> does that =P). So master is I think its because motu has:
>>> - master out (1 & 2)
>>> - out 1 (becomes 3)
>>> - out 2 (becomes 4)
>>> ... etc (becomes n + 2)
>>>
>>> makes sense =)
>>>

>>> In windows I just installed ASIO driver from MOTU website (be carefull
>>> they have new drivers for many cards) and pd connects to in/out with no
>>> issues. (win xp and motu ultralite)
>>>
>>> best of luck,
>>> Pedro
>>>

>>> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at
>>> <mailto:hans at at.or.at>> wrote:
>>>

>>>   Which version of Pd are you using?  You might try the latest beta
>>>   release of Pd-extended:
>>>
>>>   http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
>>>
>>>   .hc
>>>

>>>   On Jul 19, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Villa Anna wrote:
>>>
>>>       I'm running Windows xp 32 bit with a MOTU 828MKII.  I installed
>>>       the most recent drivers for the MOTU that I downloaded from the
>>>       MOTU website. Unfortunately I seem to have some very strange
>>>       problems and I was hoping some of you might be able to give me
>>>       some advice.
>>>       When I test the MOTU sound card in an audio sequencer such as
>>>       Audition, everything works fine. In PD, however, I have the
>>>       following problems:
>>>       - I constantly get the message "resyncing audio" and from time
>>>       to time: "audio I/O stuck... closing audio"
>>>       - using the standard (MMIO) audio and after selecting "use
>>>       multiple devices" and selecting the various in/outs: I do not
> [...]

Pedro Lopes (ongoing MSc)
contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes