[PD] problem with Windows XP / MOTU 828MKII / PD

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Jul 22 17:53:24 CEST 2010

Could you also try Pd-extended 0.42.5?  Someone reported troubles
earlier, and I want to make sure things are working before I make the
final release:

http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html

.hc

On Jul 22, 2010, at 7:30 AM, Pedro Lopes wrote:

> I just installed a Motu Ultralite today. Download the latest drivers
> (called Windows universal Motu Firewire/USB Audio) from MOTU
> website...
>
> Seems to work perfectly with PD (all channels with either ASIO or
> Windows native sound driver).
>
> pd = extended 0.41-4
>
> Best of luck,
> Pedro
> p.s.: same drivers work with ultralite and ultralite hybrid (I have
> them both here), either on XP and 7 (tested here).
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
> <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
> I think there is no dispute that Pd's Windows audio support could be
> much better.  Really the only question is someone doing the work to
> fix it.
>
> .hc
>

> On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:58 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I also had problems with Motu Ultralite in Pd (while working
> perfectly on other software) in Windows XP.
>
> With ASIO I couldn't get more than 2in/2out channels working
>
> I had to enable an option in Motu's control panel to enable some
> "legacy" mode or feature, and this way I could use more than 2
> channels on both in and out in Pd (never tested more than 4+4);
> however I was restricted to use the devices in whatever order Pd saw
> them, and sometimes the channels belonging to Motu were interleaved
> with those belonging to the realtek soundcard!
>
> I also got the "resyncing audio" message often
>
> However this was a few versions of Pd ago. I don't know if it's
> better now.
>
> I think one feature that would make everyone's life easier would be
> to overcome the annoying limitation that does not let you select
> multiple devices that are not adjacent in MMIO mode.
>

> On 07/19/2010 10:00 PM, Pedro Lopes wrote:
> Just a small info:
>
> - I use Ultralite Mk2 for two years, im many applications where I use
> motu+asio it usually advances all chanels to correct_number + 2 (live
> does that =P). So master is I think its because motu has:
> - master out (1 & 2)
> - out 1 (becomes 3)
> - out 2 (becomes 4)
> ... etc (becomes n + 2)
>
> makes sense =)
>

> In windows I just installed ASIO driver from MOTU website (be carefull
> they have new drivers for many cards) and pd connects to in/out with
> no
> issues. (win xp and motu ultralite)
>
> best of luck,
> Pedro
>

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at
> <mailto:hans at at.or.at>> wrote:
>

>   Which version of Pd are you using?  You might try the latest beta
>   release of Pd-extended:
>
>   http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
>
>   .hc
>

>   On Jul 19, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Villa Anna wrote:
>
>       I'm running Windows xp 32 bit with a MOTU 828MKII.  I installed
> [...]

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams