[PD] How to start PD without any audio?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 26 04:29:05 CEST 2010

If you are using the menu launcher in the Applications menu, that will
always trigger pasuspender.  Launch Pd from the command line to avoid
that.

.hc

On Jul 25, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Bart Koppe wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Using PD extended on Ubuntu 10.04.
> From PD I want to control some audio streams playing in cvlc via the
> shell object.
> For a change I DO want to use PulseAudio and I don't want PD to make
> sound!
> If I start PD (off course without pasuspend) with -noaudio it still
> automatically takes away pulseaudio.
> How can I start PD extended without it trying to influence anything
> audio, so not touching oss/alsa/jack/pulseaudio or whatever stops
> PulseAudio?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bart
>

> --

> Bart Koppe
> bk at a-bort.org
> http://a-bort.org

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs