[PD] pd on armv7 (beagleboard): crackles [SOLVED]

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:49:09 CEST 2010

Great news. Is there a page on the puredata.info wiki on the Beagle board yet? If not, can add you install steps to it, or at least notes on getting the audio to work with pd?

I wonder why alsa has troubles ... when using oss, can you still use alsa midi? I have thought of trying a beagle board but no midi would be a deal breaker for me

On Jul 27, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Damian Stewart wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i fixed my issues with Pd on my Beagleboard running Ubuntu. the solution (thanks to Julian Oliver's help) was to load the oss module (sudo modprobe snd-pcm-oss) then run pd using the oss driver (pd -oss), and it sounds just lovely.
>
> thanks for the other help nonetheless!
>
> cheers,
> damian
>
> --