[PD] Auto unique number tagging of gui objects

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 27 22:57:50 CEST 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, saint wrote:

> I was thinking of wrapper abstractions

You can make an abstraction that pretends to just instantiate another
abstraction, but instead loads it object-per-object and edits the patch
while loading it. I haven't tried yet but I'm sure that it's doable.

You'd be doing things like [route hradio] to find the horizontal
radiobuttons so that you would be replacing the $6 of its argument list.
(This is after splitting the message so that "#X obj" and the x,y position
are separated from the rest (considered as an anything-message).

Or else you can keep everything together and check that the $5 of the list
equals "hradio" and if so you would be replacing $11.

You need to make a certain number of cases because the receive-symbol
isn't always in the same position in the argument-list.

Anyway, you don't need any Python or Tcl to do that. Although I sometimes
write Tcl programmes that read, write or modify Pd patches).