[PD] change list order according to their first element

Libero Mureddu libero.mureddu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 10:17:18 CEST 2010

Thank you very much Patrice and Mathieu!

There are a couple of things though that are not clear to me:

1) I'm using the second example that was posted here:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-06/080331.html

However, in my case I know only the number of columns (4), but the
number for the other dimension cannot be fixed in advance (it could
be, but I'd like it to calculate it with list-length/4 and then
generate automatically the right grid).  I tried to do [import ($1 4)]
but it didn't work. Is there a way to do it?

2) Actually, I'm using non-integer numbers, but I cannot understand
how to use them in a grid.

3) Although the gridflow lib is really interesting (I never used it
before), I'm curious to know if there's another way of getting the
same result using other objects: coll would be perfect, but it doesn't
accept floating point numbers...

Thanks a lot,

Libero

--