[PD] Auto unique number tagging of gui objects

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 18:08:53 CEST 2010

--- On Wed, 7/28/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Auto unique number tagging of gui objects
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 4:09 PM
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
>
> > If I remember correctly, the send/receive symbols are
> always the first and second symbol-atom arguments
>
> the send/receive "symbols" can actually be floats as
> well... in iemgui, not the ordinary floatbox nor the
> symbolbox.

Ah, so that wouldn't be guaranteed to work.
I was thinking s/r name floats would break the iemgui, but I was confusing
it with dynamically changing the s/r name or label to something with
spaces in it.  However, using floats for the s/r name means you can no
longer use [r] with those iemguis and that you have to use [makefilename
%d] with [s] (or a message box).  It may not be a big deal in this case,
but it's worth keeping in mind.

> > It would save having to check each iemgui for the arg
> placement, which isn't listed in the help patches
>
> It's not such a big deal.

No, but since the # of creation args and their meaning isn't documented in
the help patches it makes more work for the user.  That's why I added
that info.  (It's currently in my_cnv-help.pd but not the other help
patches.)