[PD] abstraction setting its own arguments

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jul 28 22:40:48 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I haven't tested it yet but I think the "just like message boxes" design
> is a great idea. Looking at the help-png: message boxes don't have a
> "clear" message.  You just use "set" to clear them.

damn. I don't know where I pulled this out of. [setargs] doesn't have a
"clear" either. And I forgot to mention "add".

In the meanwhile, I added "adddollar" and "adddollsym" and I added
$-resubstitution so that instance args are updated in the same manner as a
new instance's args would be initialised.

Now I have two more questions :

   1. how do I make the dollsym "$0-something-$1" in a messagebox ?
      it seems like I just can't.

   2. how is one supposed to handle receive-symbols and send-symbols the
      way floatbox, symbolbox and IEMGUI do, with $ in them ?
      I need something to read the "raw args", before $-substitution.