[PD] abstraction setting its own arguments

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 29 01:15:04 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> That sounds like a good idea.

Ok, it's implemented already. You can try it if you checkout the svn
trunk.

> Since adddollsym currently ignores any additional args, couldn't you
> just add the functionality to adddollsym so that when there's no $2 it
> behaves as it currently does,

Well, if it were only a substitution thing, I could claim that the second
argument of adddollsym defaults to the "$" character, and then the method
would have a single case. But because the presence of a substitution char
would also cause the method to not add an implicit leading "$", it looks
more like two different methods stuck into just one.

What do you think ? Are there examples of methods that have multiple
behaviours stuck together like that based on number of args ?