[PD] Line comportments.

Olivier Baudu lamouraupeuple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:19:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

I noticed different strange comportments with [line].

1)
When I send, for exemple, [100 10000( to a [line] for the second time the
line give me 100 during 10 sec.
I expected it no to give me anything as it is said in the help-file :
"You should also note that if you click that [bng] again a second time,
nothing happens. This is because [line] is already at 1000, so sending it
new instructions to ramp to 1000 is meaningless and has no effect."

2)
When I send [stop( to the line I can get the last send value in the [number
\ I've put under. OK.
But this last value is not use as the new beginning of the next ramp. It's
the last ramp's beginning that is.
Whereas if I send new taget and time during the ramp it's the current value
which is use as the beginning value for the ramp.

3)
I tried to put a [sel ] under the [line ] (with sure sent value by the line)
to reset the line, or to stop the ramp.
But the result is different if the bang is send from the [sel] than if I
click it manually.
--> If I bang manually [stop( the ramp stop, an I get the last value.
--> If the [sel ] bang [stop( the ramp stop but send me the last beginning
value.
I try to put a [i]--[change] under the line expecting to solve the 1)
problem... but it doesn't work.

Is it the same for everyone ?
I use 0.42.5-extended-rc5 on Ubuntu Lucid.

Thank you.

01ivier.