[PD] Gigs with Pd

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 09:47:06 CEST 2010

hi Jeffrey,

I ll try and post some pics next week. My setup is nothing special:
- a Dell laptop (core 2 duo, 1,6 Ghz, and 0,9 GB of RAM)
- an EMU 0404 usb soundcard
- Fedora 12 with a rt kernel, JACK and Pd-extended
- an electric guitar, and some custom foot controllers based on a cheap usb
gamepad.

I get about 5ms of latency, maybe 4.5. I don't do anything too fancy in Pd,
because it needs to be playable (i play in a rock band), but i can process
both my guitar and my voice in real time without dropouts (and i use some
rather cpu-intensive patches, based on fft analysis and stuff).
The only tricky thing i was faced with when trying to put this setup
together was the output impedence of my soundcard, which had to match that
of my amp's input (i bought a shure impedence matching transformer and it
solved the problem).

Hope it helps.

Pierre