[PD] gem pix_video dimensions

Peter Sinclair petesinc at nujus.net
Fri Jul 30 14:32:32 CEST 2010

I'm running pd-extended 0.42.5 on ubuntu lucid/10.04.

Everything seems to be working just fine (so thanks Hans Christoph!)
except that I cant change the dimensions of the incoming video stream
in pix _video. As far as I know this has never been possible under
linux, however I've had to upgrade my webcam since the old one broke
and the frame rate and resolution are too much for my mini ITX to
handle so it's become a problem. If I first adjust the the camera
image using guvcview it works fine, but I'm wondering if there isnt a
better of getting the right image size other than starting and then
quitting another application. Command line apps like guvcview require
that dimension is defined as an argument when launching the app, this
doesn't seem to work with pd gem. Any ideas?

Peter

Peter Sinclair
petesinc at nujus.net
http://petersinclair.org