[PD] Gigs with Pd

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Fri Jul 30 17:23:41 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Jeffrey Concepcion
<jeffreyconcepcion at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to exclude my laptop from live performance, so to be able to
> upload my pd patch (or patches) to a device like the beagleboard seems
> perfect for my needs.

I suppose that by "exclude" you mean you want to avoid interacting
with your laptop directly?

I don't know what platform you are on but you may want to consider
using a netbook.  It gives you more power than a beagle board, you can
develop/test your stuff right on the thing, it is small and you could
even fit it in a small backpack that you could carry on stage.  If you
are familiar with linux you should search linux-audio-users list for
some info about getting it done.  Ivica Ico Bukvic (who is also on
this list) does a laptop orchestra with netbooks running linux, Ken
Restivo uses an eepc for live shows as a softsynth and DSP (IIRC) and
I was recently involved in a project where a mobile setup with
netbooks, speakers and microphones was used and carried by musicians
in backpacks:
http://vimeo.com/12997228

--
./MiS