[PD] abstraction setting its own arguments

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 18:52:42 CEST 2010

--- On Sat, 7/31/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: Re: [PD] abstraction setting its own arguments
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 5:53 PM
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
>
> > For accessing the args from an abstraction: do you
> have something in GF that works like your comment in patch
> id# 1543850?
>
> [args *] outputs all args at loadbang time. (in 9.10 you
> can also bang it later)

Right, but what I was asking about is more flexible because inside the
abstraction you could have something like:
[expr $@]

So I don't have to know how many args the user typed in (nor do I have
to use dynamic patching at all).

Your suggestion for this feature was something that would expand to
the nth arg + any following args, so I was wondering if you have that
in GF.

-Jonathan