[PD] abstraction setting its own arguments

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 20:50:03 CEST 2010

--- On Sat, 7/31/10, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> From: Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>
> Subject: Re: [PD] abstraction setting its own arguments
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Saturday, July 31, 2010, 7:16 PM
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
>
> > Your suggestion for this feature was something that
> would expand to
> > the nth arg + any following args, so I was wondering
> if you have that
> > in GF.
>
> I only have [args a b c *] outputting $4+following out of
> the right outlet.
>
> If I had this feature in GridFlow, it wouldn't be working
> in [expr] anyway.

That's just an example.  But I think it is the best way to handle getting
args inside an abstraction because it obviates the need for all of the
"arg-getting" objects scattered about pd-extended, and it's more
flexible than any of them because you can expand the args directly in an
object box like [$@].

Then maybe "$@4" could mean "everything from $4 to the last arg".

-Jonathan