[PD] CPU saving strategies

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 12:35:41 CEST 2010

Hi there,

   I recently built a midi CC sequencer abs. It helps me add some timeline-based control to my patches. But I came across a problem I never had to deal with before: CPU consumption. I realized I could'nt use more than four instances of my sequencer before the patch would become unmanageable (interface freezes, audio drops, and, finally... a crash) I think this is related to the use of large size arrays. I would be grateful if someone out there could point me to a better data storing/ CPU saving strategy for my sequencer, maybe data structures? Thanks in advance.

D.S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/