[PD] Fwd: Disabling of packages to build...

Funs Seelen funsseelen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 20:03:24 CEST 2010

2010/8/1 <meino.cramer at gmx.de>

> Hi,
>
> ok, I will try it again...fingers crossed...
>

> Funs Seelen <funsseelen at gmail.com> [10-08-01 05:20]:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/
Here you can download several external libraries. Some may install easy,
some may not. That's why the community came up with the 'template' (also in
the externals-folder) to create a standard for libraries. Maybe in somewhere
future all libraries will install the same way.
It's a hell of a job to install all libraries pd-extended contains, but I
guess there's no need for that. Pd-extended loads a bunch of externals every
time you'll probably never use. It's easy though to have them all installed
but personally I seemed to use almost only vanilla-objects. Since I use the
same version you just installed I even know better what's available for pd.
The only disadvantage of not having pd-extended I can think of is when you
download someone else's patch and the only information you get is that all
objects are included in pd-extended.

So whether you can use it the way as described above or you can try to
change the install-path of pd-extended and uninstall pd-vanilla again.
For the last option: searching somewhere in the source for "/usr/bin/" and
change that bit of text to "usr/local/bin" is what I would try in your
position.
mfg
Funs