[PD] CPU saving strategies

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Tue Aug 3 17:24:29 CEST 2010

I am using the -rt option but encounter DIO errors on editing larger
tables like the original poster, on Archlinux with realtime kernel and
Jack in mild low latency conditions, 16ms. No Xruns, just the DIO. But
when I use Alsa as backend it gets better!

A modern system should be able to handle multimedia like video and 3D
plus GUI without interrupts in the audio stream. The separation from
Backend and GUI Frontend in PD is leaving a bit to desire and my
question if its possible to solve this, in maybe 10 years or so? Or will
the new thread object help?

Anyway, PD was the star in my lecture about Linux Audio yesterday,
resulting in the most interest and questions.

Cheers,

Malte
--
----
media art + development

new on iTunes: Notstandskomitee Automatenmusik
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/automatenmusik/id383400418