[PD] [announce] Integra Live 1.0.0 (beta)

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 16:02:49 CEST 2010

Hi Pierre,

On 4 Aug 2010, at 09:54, Pierre Massat wrote:

> What is Integra for, exactly?

It's for composing and performing live electronic music.  Of course there is existing software that allows you to do this (Max, Pd etc), but Integra Live aims to be an order of magnitude easier to use.

> And does it do things that cannot be done (at least not easily) in Pd? And when are Linux' and Windows' version to be released?

Currently in terms of DSP it can't do anything that can't be done in Pd since it uses Pd as a processing engine. However, it makes very easy many things that take a lot of time and knowledge in Pd. For example:

	- 'high level' modules (e.g. reverb, granular synthesiser) out of the box
	- module controls (sliders, buttons, dials, x-y pads) generated automatically
	- integrated state saving
	- global time line with per-attribute control envelopes
	- scene-based cue system
	- infinite undo and redo

The next version will also have per control OSC addressing, for external control.

I can't give you a specific date for release, but I anticipate some time early 2011. The aim is to get the OS X version stable first and then make the Linux and Windows releases.

best,

Jamie