[PD] recording GEM output weird framerate

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Mon Aug 9 12:17:01 CEST 2010

Hi all,
it's been a week now I'm struggling to record properly a GEM output, reading
archives and forums.

I have fairly complex audiovisual patch with multiple geos, four pix_snaps
to create motion blur effect for 1280x320 res, and data exchange through
local network.
However I can record in a really good quality using both pix_record or
pix_write.

The problem is the recorded video is faster than the actual one.
It doesn't matter if I record frames with pix_write and build a movie with
ffmpeg or I record a whole movie with pix_record, the resulting movie is
faster anyway.
(I can confirm it 100% as I also record audio at the same time, and it is
indeed longer)

This happens on a machine with ATI card, both in ubuntu jaunty and windows
with Pd-ext 42.5 rc 5.

What is even weirder is that if I load the recorded video into Pd with
pix_film it tells me the video has 115 fps, but with any other software fps
is between 20 and 30 (which I assume should be the proper framerate).

Anybody experienced the same?
What could I do about it?

Today I'll have the chance to try it on another machine.
Thanks

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD
Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

PORTFOLIO: http://marcodonnarumma.com
LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net
EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net