[PD] recording GEM output weird framerate

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Mon Aug 9 12:59:22 CEST 2010

Le 09/08/2010 12:40, Marco Donnarumma a écrit :
> Hi,
> thanks for your fast reply!
> I think I know how to use the object, but it seems it doesn't behave as
> it should, or I am missing something.
>
> I've been using pix_write with [auto 1( or in combination with pix_snap,
> and my gemwin is set to 20.
>
> The issue is that when ffmpeg build the movie out of the images sequence
> (at 20 fps), the resulting video is shorter then it should (i.e. 1
> minute instead of 3).
> ...the same happens when I use pix_record.
when recording, the fps usually drop, because it need so much CPU that's pd can't do everything in real time.
so pd time is 3 times slower than real time. (it will not render/record 20fps, but less)

what i usually do is to be able to play the sequence i want to record without human interaction (using only pd timing).
so when i record it, everything is slower than real time, but the resulting video is correct.