[PD] [FM Discuss] Portuguese translation of the PD manual

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Aug 10 15:25:19 CEST 2010

The FLOSS Manual gets discussed on the Discuss-FM list and on the Pd
list. I've posted several updates on what could be done to improve the
English manual on both lists in the last few years, which don't seem to
get much attention...

Mostly people edit it in a hit-and-run kind of fashion when they find
something they think needs fixing while reading it. Major pushes towards
improvements happen during book sprints, but we have none planned. My
own life and work has taken me pretty far from the project myself at the
moment, so I stay on mainly as admin.

Like HC said, and I echoed, don't wait around for the English manual to
be "finished". It's not likely to happen any time soon. Start
translating, and if you find problems or places where it is incomplete,
then fill the gaps in Portuguese or even in English if you like. If you
add content in Portuguese, point it out to us on these two lists and
perhaps someone will translate it into English.

Best!
Derek

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://macumbista.net :::