[PD] pd on ipad with externals

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 11 09:51:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 06:44:09PM +0100, Andy Farnell wrote:
> I wasn't aware that Apple are doing this.
> This is interesting and important to me.
> Frank and I are two of the principle authors
> of rjlib (in fact there are many others including
> Chris McCormick and many Pd artists who
> have allowed their work to be incorporated into
> the collection, all as GPL)
>
> Every patch carries a prominent GPL notice.

No, Andy, that's not true. I took great care to never include anything
licensed as GPL from anywhere outside Reality Jockey. rj in fact is dual
licensed: The BSD parts like adapted help files all carry a BSD notice,
*only* the parts written by RJ contractors include the GPL notice.

For the rj library, the license issue is not such an issue, as it is
possible to use the library and also the full scenes outside of the
Apple jail, for example on Peter Brinkmann's ScenePlayer for Android.
(I'm working with Peter polishing this.) The rj abstractions are not
shipped via the AppStore, or at least not only there, you can also
install them through the website without the DRM issue.

Ciao
--
Frank