[PD] [FM Discuss] Portuguese translation of the PD manual

Vilson Vieira vilson at void.cc
Wed Aug 11 21:21:03 CEST 2010

Em 10 de agosto de 2010 21:42, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> escreveu:

> Oi galera,

Hey João,

> posso perguntar qual o interesse específico em traduzir o manual (ou outro
> material qualquer) para portugês? [português do brasil, imagino]

yes, it's pt-br. Every translation is interesting not just for the native
speakers of the target language, but even the original version could benefit
from that. Translating a document we're revisioning the original one, so
it's so natural to go back to that and include some contribution.

I usually recommend the FLOSS Manual of Pure Data to new users, and they
don't like so much when discovers that it's written just in english.
Personally I don't like to read translations, but for newcomers it's a
pretext to run out.

I think mainly the object list of the FLOSS Manual needs to be translated:
every new user of PD wants a "cheat sheet", and I know it's a right-click
away from them, but some times, at workshops for instance, it's good to have
a piece of paper to show all the from-basic-to-powerful objects.

> Eu sou um dos participantes do floss manual (fiz a lista de objectos e o
> capítulo sobre listas).

It's awesome! Congrats and thanks! :-)

@Gabi: I want to help too ;-)

All the best.

OBS: João, a resposta foi em inglês pois creio que o pessoal da lista se
beneficie. Abraços!

--
Vilson Vieira

vilson at void.cc