[PD] [Gridflow-dev] a new, better [makefilename] !

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 12 22:00:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Is cyclone/sprintf missing any of these features?

[cyclone/sprintf %*d]
[cyclone/sprintf %.*d]
[cyclone/sprintf %*.*d]

all print out this to the console :

     sprintf's error: slot skipped (width parameter not supported in a
     format pattern)

and naturally anything else with asterisks in their format specifiers.

Actually, [cyclone/sprintf] also silently fails with a plain %05d or %5d,
for example, as it converts them back to float, instead of keeping them as
symbols.

But if I do foo%05dbar, it's fine (though it produces it as a selector
instead of symbol $1... but that is its intention, I suppose...).

But if I do foo%5dbar, then it's wrong again, as it does foo%4dbar
instead !

Can you find any bugs in [gf/sprintf] ?