[PD] Start patch automatically on bootup with or without monitor (Ubuntu 10.04)

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Fri Aug 13 16:26:19 CEST 2010

Hi Cyrille,

I guess I did set the screen size but maybe there is some other important
information that is missing in the xorg.conf. Here is what my xorg.conf
looks like:

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "BlankTime"   	"0"
        Option "StandbyTime" 	"0"
        Option "SuspendTime" 	"0"
        Option "OffTime"     	"0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier		"Configured Video Device"
        	Option "NoDDC"	"1"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier		"Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier		"Default Screen"
	Device			"Configured Video Device"
	Monitor			"Configured Monitor"
	DefaultDepth		16

	SubSection "Display"
			Depth	16
			Modes	"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

-- Connecting the monitor after booting results in "no signal" at the
monitor output --

If I start both Pd patches -nogui from $home/.bashrc after starting X-Server
from here they work with or without a monitor connected. But it looks like
.bashrc cannot start graphical programs (like /etc/.rclocal). So GEM is not
showing anything.

If I start the Pd patches from the startup of fluxbox they both work (incl.
graphics) with the monitor but do not start without the monitor connected.
Very strange!

I suppose Pd cannot start the pd-gui since it thinks that there is no
monitor to display anything.

Ingo