[PD] Start patch automatically on bootup with or without monitor (Ubuntu 10.04)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Aug 13 17:29:44 CEST 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Ingo Scherzinger wrote:

> -- Connecting the monitor after booting results in "no signal" at the
> monitor output --

That's probably a better question for the Ubuntu forums rather than
here...

But when you get the answer, post it here ! I've had also such problems of
"no signal" a year ago but didn't have time to look for an answer back
then.

But is this a problem dependent on the video card ? I remember a similar
problem with detection of monitors on a videocard that had two inputs and
had to pick one of the outputs as the default one. Unfortunately, I don't
recall the details.

> I suppose Pd cannot start the pd-gui since it thinks that there is no
> monitor to display anything.

Is the X11 server running at all ? Use 'ps' or 'top' to see, and/or get
the log in "/var/log".