[PD] Start patch automatically on bootup with or without monitor (Ubuntu 10.04)

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Fri Aug 13 17:52:41 CEST 2010

hello,

here is mine on my laptop (so i have everytime a screen) :
but i use same kind of xorg with desktop where instllation can work with / without screen.

i declare somes metamode, but this may work only with nvidia driver.

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier     "Layout0"
     Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
     Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
     Load           "dbe"
     Load           "extmod"
     Load           "type1"
     Load           "freetype"
     Load           "glx"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"

     # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
     Identifier     "Monitor0"
     VendorName     "Unknown"
     ModelName      "HIQ B70A"
     HorizSync       31.0 - 81.0
     VertRefresh     56.0 - 75.0
     Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
     Identifier     "Device0"
     Driver         "nvidia"
     VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
     BoardName      "GeForce 9650M GT"
#    Option         "TripleBuffer" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
     Identifier     "Screen0"
     Device         "Device0"
     Monitor        "Monitor0"
     DefaultDepth    24
     Option         "TwinView" "1"
     Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"
     Option         "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +1280+0, DFP: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
     Option         "NoLogo" "True"
     Option         "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerDefault=0x1; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x1"
     SubSection     "Display"
         Depth       24
     EndSubSection
EndSection