[PD] [FM Discuss] Portuguese translation of the PD manual

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 14 00:39:25 CEST 2010

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Bernardo Barros wrote:

> yeah. ok :-) My point was based that we (free software guys) have
> limited resources. And we (Portuguese speaking free software guys)
> have a bit less. Is it nice to have lots of translations? Yes. But
> what is the cost?

The cost in Pd is quite terrible compared to many other documentation
systems because the pd file format is not diffable. This is in great part
the fault of the pd patch editor itself. The day we have meaningful diffs,
we can systematise the evolution of pd help file translations, as mistakes
are corrected, as details are explained, and as new features are added.