[PD] exact meaning of netsend outlet

Peter Plessas plessas at mur.at
Sat Aug 14 09:55:56 CEST 2010

Thank you Martin, Miller,

please excuse me, I mixed things up when asking. I wanted to know what
the outlet of netSEND really indicates. Ups, sorry!

So rephrased:

Does it indicate whether Pd was able to open a port through the OS?

Does it indicate whether a (TCP) packet actually arrived at the receiver?

Does it indicate whether the connection is "alive" (whatever that means)?

Miller, you are right, netsend does not report when a connection got
closed, hence my above questions.

best, P