[PD] Change CPU rules and another unrelated question

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:11:53 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I have two questions:
Is there a way i could tell my laptop to use a certain cpu rule from within
Pd? In a previous post I was advised to change the cpu rules so as to
prevent the processor from lowering it's frequency. I am slightly afraid of
frying my laptop if the cpu rule is set on Performance all the time, so i m
wondering if i could let Pd choose depending on what subpatch is on. Is
there a way to do this using [shell]?
The second question is about [hid]. I use a gamepad as a controller, and
depending on when i plug it in [hid] does not always put it in the same
rank. So my question is two-fold: how can i access what [hid] prints in the
console, is there a way to deal with this as with a plain list? and what are
the tools i could use to look up a certain word (i.e. the manufacturer of
the gamepad) within this list?
I m sorry, i guess i ought to split this post in two seperate topics, but
it's late and i m sleepy.
Thanks!

Pierre