[PD] GEM: pix_film terribly slow in Ubuntu

John Harrison johnharrisonwsu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 02:29:18 CEST 2010

I don't have problems with codec performance in ubuntu 10.04. I would
try playing the videos with mplayer, totem and/or vlc to see if the
performance problem is a codec one. Also do you have a graphics driver
with 3D hardware acceleration? if you type

glxinfo | grep direct

is direct rending a Yes or a no?

(if you don't have glxinfo installed, it's in mesa-utils i.e. sudo
apt-get install mesa-utils)

-John