[PD] 0.42.5-extended-rc5, entering number values with keyboard

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Aug 16 11:05:07 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-16 10:44, Johnny Ferguson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen in many pd guides that it is possible to use the keyboard to
> enter values into number and symbol atoms. I've tried clicking,
> double-clicking, and I can't seem to enter values with my keyboard.

try again:
- click on the numberbox
- type the number
- hit return
- voila

note that you won't get any visible feedback that you are in "typing mode"!

so:
- click on the numberbox
- notice that nothing has changed
- type the number
- notice that the numbers appear in the numberbox as you type them
- hit return
- notice that the number will be sent out

if you miss the "hit return" part, then you won't have get any effect.

fgmar
IOhannes