[PD] GEM: pix_film terribly slow in Ubuntu

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:40:22 CEST 2010

On 08/16/2010 02:29 AM, John Harrison wrote:
> I don't have problems with codec performance in ubuntu 10.04. I would
> try playing the videos with mplayer, totem and/or vlc to see if the
> performance problem is a codec one.

They play fine in totem; they seem to consume about 50% of each
processor (if the System Monitor is to be trusted); I wouldn't expect
that much but it's probably normal and at least they play smoothly. In
pix_movie they eat 100% of one processor and run at about 4-5 fps or less.

 > Also do you have a graphics driver
> with 3D hardware acceleration? if you type
>
> glxinfo | grep direct
>
> is direct rending a Yes or a no?

Yes:
direct rendering: Yes
     GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test,
GL_EXT_direct_state_access,

Thank you very much for your help
m.