[PD] GEM: pix_film terribly slow in Ubuntu

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:33:38 CEST 2010

On 08/16/2010 12:46 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> however, from your backend list i learn, that your h.264 file is decoded
> using libquicktime (since libmpeg3 won't).
> you could try to play back the movie with the command line player
> "lqtplay" (part of the quicktime-x11utils).
> see if this one behaves as badly (if it does, then Gem is not the
> culprit - it's just the backend library that is so slow)

All files play fine with lqtplay (though with some of them I
continuously get the message "consumed only X bytes instead of Y").

However now I doubt about the codec. Some of the files have the .mp4
extension and others .mov, but all of them say

codec: H.264/AVC

in nautilus' properties/"Audio/Video" tab.

Lqtplay says "compressor avc1".

Does that mean they are H.264?

thanks
m.