[PD] on mouse over

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 16 22:38:12 CEST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Ariane stolfi wrote:

> as I can see it can be done with mouse coordinates, but it would be
> nicer if it was something that could be dragable. I want to make one
> object to play each chord when the mouse is over, and to be able to
> select one scale for each music by placing the objects together
> can I use [iem_event] or [gf/mouse_spy] to do that?

[gf/mouse_spy] also will reports clicks and unclicks, and you can process
that with [#mouse] to give you a simple drag-and-drop mechanism, but at
the same time, it won't prevent pd's own interpretation of mouse clicks in
a canvas.

with [#see] you can display a picture in a patch and get the same output
as [gf/mouse_spy] clipped and translated to the rectangle of the picture.
(mouse over top left corner of the picture will give 0 0 regardless of the
position of the picture in the patch).