[PD] I wanna sing like Paris

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Tue Aug 17 12:59:48 CEST 2010

On 08/17/2010 11:25 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:
> I have never tried autotune. I gather from what you wrote that it can be
> used in realtime?

yes, it adds only very little latency

> I always thought the signal was split in two
> parts, one used to analyse the spectrum, and one to analyse the pitch. In
> this model the pitch would be modified according to some rules and the
> timbre would be stamped back on it. That's what it sounds like to me, but i
> may be mistaken to a great extent.

i am not shure either. probably you (and wikipedia) are right,
and autotune uses a phase-vocoder. using millers phase-vocoder with
small window-sizes sounds awfull though. but maybe, with
waves which are already periodic (like single cycles) it is possible
to do without windowing and short fft sizes (like 128 or even 64).
i will try this when i have found a way to extract
single-cycle waves from audio input in pd...

bis denn!
	martin