[PD] object that only outputs list when it changes?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 17 16:08:47 CEST 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Johnny Ferguson wrote:

> when [list.==] puts out a 1, I want the spigot to close (avoid duplicates).
> When [list.==] puts out a 0 I want the spigot to open (the list has changed).

ah sorry... I didn't think about it long enough...

> I tried looking for a NOT object, but couldn't find one.

[==] is a NOT object. That is, it's [== 0], as 0==0 gives 1, and as 1==0
gives 0.

> Moses and the 2 message boxes are as close as I can get.

With GridFlow, there is also [shunt], which is like [spigot] but has two
outlets (or any number of outlets). You can use that to make a [spigot]
and negation in a single box. (it's nearly the same as what is called
[demux] in other libraries).