[PD] List with variable number of floats

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 17 18:07:10 CEST 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, João de Brito Rocha Reis Vidigal wrote:

> Is there a possibility of storing the ID of the slots already triggered?
> Like a list? The thing is that if it is a list it would have to have a
> variable number of floats (wouldn't it?). Why do I need this? Because
> after triggering a random slot ON I want to trigger a random slot OFF.
> So, I have to know what are the slots triggered on in order to trigger
> one of these OFF and not one 18. Otherwise I could end up triggering off
> a slot that was never on! As well I need to know witch ones are OFF to
> randomly select and turn one on.

Send 18 to configure an [urn]. then banging it 18 times will give you the
numbers from 0 to 17 in random order. If you bang it one more time it will
produce a bang that you can use to reset it with a 18.

If you actually need more than that (e.g. see the actual list of remaining
numbers), [urn] doesn't provide that, so, you will have to make your own
[urn], or make your own special patching around a plain [urn].