[PD] GEM: pix_film terribly slow in Ubuntu

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Aug 17 23:30:29 CEST 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, matteo sisti sette wrote:

> Is there anything more I can try to find out what's wrong? I'm a bit
> desperate...

can you recode the video with less pseudo-frames ?

for example, there is an encoding setting which, when set to '8', it
encodes one frame completely (usually as some variant of JPEG) and then
the next 7 frames are encoded as "diffs" of some kind (codec-specific
format). It's possible that this setting is very high, and that halving
this setting changes the fps radically in your decoding.