[PD] List with variable number of floats

João de Brito Rocha Reis Vidigal jbvidigal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 01:33:16 CEST 2010

Sorry guys... It seems I'm not getting all the responses to the threads.
I know this because I'm receiving the "packs" of daily threads and in them I'm seeing messages I'm not getting...
Some of those messages have attachments that I can't access!
For the case being discussed, I missed Frank Barknecht's attachment! Could you please resend it!?

Thanks!
Joao Vidigal

On 17 Aug 2010, at 17:07, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, João de Brito Rocha Reis Vidigal wrote:

> Is there a possibility of storing the ID of the slots already triggered? Like a list? The thing is that if it is a list it would have to have a variable number of floats (wouldn't it?). Why do I need this? Because after triggering a random slot ON I want to trigger a random slot OFF. So, I have to know what are the slots triggered on in order to trigger one of these OFF and not one 18. Otherwise I could end up triggering off a slot that was never on! As well I need to know witch ones are OFF to randomly select and turn one on.

Send 18 to configure an [urn]. then banging it 18 times will give you the numbers from 0 to 17 in random order. If you bang it one more time it will produce a bang that you can use to reset it with a 18.

If you actually need more than that (e.g. see the actual list of remaining numbers), [urn] doesn't provide that, so, you will have to make your own [urn], or make your own special patching around a plain [urn].